We'll be serving with Esperanza International (www.esperanzaint.org) in developing and supporting communities by helping with different housing projects. We'll be working side by side with members of the community as well as the families whose homes we're helping to build. Through the humbling experience of working on someone's home together with various activities and interactions with the community, we're able to develop a deeper and lasting understanding of life in this part of Mexico and what it truly means to serve those in need beyond borders.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tijuana Birthday


So this will be a quick one since it is pretty late and we had a lot of activities today! Today was my birthday, and my small group had breakfast duty, which means that I had to get up a half hour or so earlier. I didn't mind since I was planning on going to the bakery anyway, but didn't of course because I made breakfast. Rose brought me back a delicious pink heart cookie though! Today our St. Louise group was split up and we switched sites for the day and we ended up demolishing a house, which was... interesting. The family made an absolutely wonderful lunch for us and were very kind. After that we had some free time which most people used to shower and sleep. I fell asleep on the couch with a couple other people after I got my turn of Brendan's massage's and a game of cards. Dinner was also interesting since the crew slightly burnt some of the pasta but it tasted fine haha. Everyone thought that our infamous soccer game against the Esperanza crew was at 7 pm but turns out we had to leave at 6:20 pm so in the middle of dinner we literally were running to get our stuff. Anyway Brendan wants to blog and go to bed and I said it was going to be short but that didn't happen. Love you all and I will see you soon! (Also, mommy, I got your bajillion messages from multiple people and Zandra was taking lots of picture for you because she knew you were sad.) Bye! Love you! 
AlĂ©xis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for the trek crew. Comments are moderated so they will not appear until they have been approved, generally within 24 hours. I will share all comments made by family members with Trekkers.
Thank you for your support and prayers.