We'll be serving with Esperanza International (www.esperanzaint.org) in developing and supporting communities by helping with different housing projects. We'll be working side by side with members of the community as well as the families whose homes we're helping to build. Through the humbling experience of working on someone's home together with various activities and interactions with the community, we're able to develop a deeper and lasting understanding of life in this part of Mexico and what it truly means to serve those in need beyond borders.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Never better

Today approximately 10 adults informed me that my mom was displeased that she hadn't heard from me yet so HERE I AM HIIIIII! Everything has been fabulous down here in TJ, I always forget how fast it goes by! Thank you so much for the continued opportunity to come down here summer after summer, your support means the world to me and I hope that someday I can share this part of my life with you guys. I have been cemented from head to toe, I'm a shade darker (but I'm pretty sure it's actually a layer of dirt), and my hair is from another world.. but I couldn't be happier! I hope everything is good at home and that Koda misses me dearly. Shout out to Koda! I have truly had such an amazing time down here, i love that even after my third trip down here I am still learning more, expanding my knowledge, and shaping my opinions. I'm not quite ready to leave, but I'm looking forward to seeing you goobers on Saturday. Holla attcha girl.
P.S. I'm currently rocking a "lightening mcqueen" tattoo on my inner bicep. Unfortunately, it's temporary. Sorry dad.

Much love! xoxo
Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for the trek crew. Comments are moderated so they will not appear until they have been approved, generally within 24 hours. I will share all comments made by family members with Trekkers.
Thank you for your support and prayers.