We'll be serving with Esperanza International (www.esperanzaint.org) in developing and supporting communities by helping with different housing projects. We'll be working side by side with members of the community as well as the families whose homes we're helping to build. Through the humbling experience of working on someone's home together with various activities and interactions with the community, we're able to develop a deeper and lasting understanding of life in this part of Mexico and what it truly means to serve those in need beyond borders.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bucket Lines


Hello friends and family! This is Helen reporting about our wonderful day today. First of all my group (blue group) had breakfast this morning so unfortunately I was not able to go to the amazing bakery. Instead I had to wake up at 6:30 and put out food for people. Eduardo started our day off with a powerful talk about the boarder. I think it opened a lot of people's eyes about how different Mexico is then our everyday. There were a few tears during his talk about his life and the struggles him and his friends have gone through. After this we all loaded on to the bus back to the site we went to yesterday and we finished the other side of the concrete. It took a lot of work but I think that we went a lot faster then we did yesterday. Our bucket lines are getting extremely good if I do say so my self. But I would have to say, today's lunch was my favorite! It reminded me of my moms salsa chicken at home... Maybe just a little better. After our work day was over we went back to pacada and got to relax. That was very reviling considering that yesterday was go go go.  I'm a little sad that tomorrow is our last day we have all made such good friends with the people here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for the trek crew. Comments are moderated so they will not appear until they have been approved, generally within 24 hours. I will share all comments made by family members with Trekkers.
Thank you for your support and prayers.